Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Today in class we talked about treating our children with respect. We reflected on the video that first showed a Mother treating her daughter disrespectfuly and then they reversed the situation so the Mother was sitting on the couch and the daughter came in and said the same things the Mother had said in the first situation. I thought this was very eye opening because when I first saw the Mother treating her daughter disrespectfuly it wasn't that big of a deal, but when the daughter talked to her Mom that way it sounded so rude. It just made me think that when I am a parent I need to remember that my children and people to and they deserve my respect more than anyone because they are my family. We are more prone to say something rude to a family member than we are to a stranger because we know our family will put up with it and love us anways. This is not the right attitude to have we need to be respectful to all people especially our family members. Before I say something hurtful to a family member I am going to ask myself if I would say this to a stranger or friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment